Setup a complete FreeBSD server environment on your Raspberry PI
The Raspberry PI is a such a great device. You can do a really huge amount of fun things with this little board…
The goal of this paper is to show how you can build a full personnal server on your Raspberry PI, using FreeBSD and it’s packages.
Of course, this paper is useful for the other platforms running on FreeBSD too !
Here’s how we’ll proceed :
- Get FreeBSD
- Configure FreeBSD
- Install and configure sudo
- Configure your Wifi with a static IPv4 and IPv6 address
- Install and start Packet Filter
- Secure your SSH daemon with blacklistd
- Install and configure nginx with “let’s encrypt” SSL / PHP / MySQL
- Install and configure OpenSMTPd and SPAMd
- Install and configure Netdata with nginx to monitor your system
- Avoid OS detection
- Need help ?